Over 20 Years Experience
Family Owned & Operated
Licensed - Bonded - Insured
Serving the Chicagoland & Surrounding Areas
ADA Compliance IL
ADA Compliant Parking Lot Service in Illinois
ADA Compliant Company
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) is a comprehensive law that went into effect in 1990 to ensure parking access to individuals with handicaps all around our country. Safeguard Sealcoating Inc. will provide expertise for your ADA compliance needs. We will give clear direction on how to conform to your county’s own ADA specifications.
- Since the American Disabilites Act began in 1990, all businesses must have a certain amount of Handicap accessible parking stalls.
- Additional Handicap Van-accessible parking may be required if the dimensions of the parking lot require it.
- All Compulsory handicap stalls and pathways have minimal measurement demands which must be compliant
- Pot Hole Repair
When/where are accessible parking spaces required?
At Safeguard Sealcoating, we’re committed to creating long-term relationships by maintaining high standards of quality and support. We value our customers and strive to offer unmatched value. No matter the size or scope of your job, we will work the hardest to finish it on time, in the budget, and as a client, you’ll benefit from our:
- Employee or Visitor Parking Lots (IAC §400.310(c)(1))
- Tenant/Visitor/Employee Parking
- On-Street Parking
- No requirement for accessible parking in the IAC.
- IDOT – Bureau of Local Roads & Streets. Accessible on-street parking covered in 41-6.04(b).
- PROWAG – Best Practice R309
- An accessible space must be located on the shortest path of travel from adjacent parking to an accessible entrance.
- SPECIFICALLY, THE ACCESSIBLE SPACE IS TO BE INSTALLED IN THE CLOSEST PARKING SPACES NEAR THE ACCESSIBLE ENTRANCE.
Alterations requiring accessible parking spaces
- Specific Modifications of New Construction Requirements Permitted in Alterations
- IAC §400.510(e)(10)(C)
- Site Improvements and Exterior Facilities
- All changes, improvements, or maintenance of existing parking lots including sealcoating, resurfacing, remarking, fencing, curbs, walks, and/or landscaping shall provide accessible parking spaces in accordance with Section 400.310(c). In addition, there shall be provided curb ramps as necessary to provide an accessible route to an accessible entrance.
|Total Number of Parking Spaces||Min. Number of Accessible Spaces|
|1 to 25||1|
|26 to 50||2|
|51 to 75||3|
|76 to 100||4|
|101 to 150||5|
|151 to 200||6|
|201 to 300||7|
|301 to 400||8|
|401 to 500||9|
|501 to 1000||2 percent of total|
|1001 and over||20, plus 1 for each 100, or fraction thereof, over 1000|
Scoping applies to each parking facility (ADA)
Accessible Parking Spaces
Striping, size and markings
- Every accessible parking space shall be at least 16 feet wide.
- A space may consist of an 8-foot wide vehicle space and an 8-foot wide diagonally striped access aisle
- A space may consist of an 11-foot wide vehicle space and a 5-foot wide diagonally striped access aisle.
- Yellow paint is required.
Accessible parking space & access aisle
- Parking spaces and access aisle shall be level with surface slopes not exceeding 1:50 (2%) in all directions.
- IAC §400.310(c)(3).
ADA Standards – Clarification
- Width measurements (parking space and access aisle)
- Measure from the centerline of the pavement markings. §502.1 Exception.
- Exception: Spaces are not adjacent to another space or access aisle – measurement can include full width of the lines. §502.1 Exception.
- Angled parking – access aisle on the passenger side of the parking space – §502.3.4
- Cannot overlap the vehicular way
John - Downers Grove, IL
Clean and thorough seal coating
Ben - Batavia, IL
Sara - Elgin, IL
Best Sealcosting in Fox Valley
Liz - Batavia, IL
We spoke to several blacktop contractors, & decided to go with Safeguard Sealcoat. They were very professional and listened to what we wanted with our large driveway. He more then delivered..the driveway is beautiful. His crew is courteous and professional as well as Dan. I will always use them!
Asphalt driveway install estimate
Checking in LaSalle today